About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Manager of Tax Planning and Research will support all Tax department activities related to domestic income tax planning, research, audits, and incentives. This position will report to the Director of Tax Planning and Research, will manage a broad range of tax projects, including credits, incentives, legislative analysis, M&A and new businesses developed by the Strategy group. This is an individual contributor position but requires advanced project management, modeling and research skills. Required modeling and research skills are at the level of experienced senior tax professionals.
What You'll Do
The Manager of Tax Planning and Research will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead tax-related projects that require coordination with multiple business partners and generate cash flow and earnings for Gap Inc.
- Serve as a reliable resource supporting the resolution of tax issues with business partners company wide.
- Serve as a principal technical resource for internal tax teams including research and preparation of technical models, analyses, and memoranda.
- Develop high level tax modeling and analysis supporting recommendations to management in Tax, Strategy, Government Affairs, Treasury, Real Estate, Finance, and Legal.
- Support the tax audit team in resolving tax controversies.
- Analyze tax law developments, identify those relevant to the business, and communicate implications and recommendations to management.
Who You Are
- High level of expertise in researching, analyzing, and modeling the impact of tax and legal authorities, with experience in federal and multistate income tax, project management, and tax controversy.
- Ability to communicate and clearly present ideas and opportunities to Gap colleagues at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate in a team setting, develop strong relationships with business partners, and manage tax and legal consultants.
- Very strong writing and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of tax accounting, international tax, and tax areas outside of income tax that are relevant to government incentives programs, including sales and use tax.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams at once in areas of federal income tax, state income tax, incentives, and federal and state controversies.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $91,100 - $131,400 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs