About Yeezy Gap
For the last 51 years, we’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. Yeezy Gap represents the next step in our journey. This partnership brings the relationship between Kanye West and Gap brand full circle, as Kanye worked in a Gap store as a teen growing up in Chicago. This bold alliance will take the creativity, fashion leadership and energy of YEEZY and fuel it with Gap brand’s expertise, global reach + recognition, and best-in-class supply chain. If you want to be a part of this historic partnership, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
For the last 52 years, we’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. Yeezy Gap represents the next step in our journey. This partnership brings the relationship between Kanye West and Gap brand full circle, as Kanye worked in a Gap store as a teen growing up in Chicago. This bold alliance will take the creativity, fashion leadership and energy of Yeezy and fuel it with Gap brand’s expertise, global reach + recognition, and best-in-class supply chain. If you want to be a part of this historic partnership, we’d love to have you join us.
Yeezy Gap is looking for a versatile, self-driven, full-time Manager of Product Development supports and enables the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to brand strategies and financial targets. The Manager of Product Development will bring the Yeezy Gap brand to life by working closely with teams throughout the US as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in US & Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost. Our ideal candidate is a product development specialist with the demonstrated ability to focus on quality, speed, and accuracy while maintaining a flexible approach and the ability to pivot depending on the needs of the business.
What You'll Do
• Understand product development implications for bulk execution & present scalable options that maintains the design intent and aligns to financial construct.
• Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
• Implement and execute unique product development strategies to drive quick interactive development & scalable bulk execution.
• Drive communication between brand teams and US & Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Work with leadership to communicate upfront Brand costing and strategy goals to Sourcing teams.
• Understand and work with cross-functional teams to provide costing guidance to ensure financial targets are met.
• Manage product development, booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
• Drive responsive strategies by working cross-functionally to identify sourcing approaches to achieve business objective
• Drive fabric strategies in partnership with R&D to meet responsive needs & provide recommendations on fabrics to platform, position, and leverage.
Who You Are
• Strong experience in driving global product development (inclusive of wash techniques) and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management
• Proactively solves problems, effectively manage multiple challenges, and able to navigate under ambiguity
• Experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
• Ability to sustain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timelines.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across geographies in a matrixed environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Strong aesthetic intelligence with a passion for style and fashion that illustrates a balanced understanding of Gap and Yeezy brands.
• Experience managing direct reports, and experience managing a global team (direct and dotted line relationships)
• Demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
• Experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision making.
• Demonstrated curiosity and motivated to learn new skills and knowledge.
• Experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
• A talent builder with a proven track record of assessing, attracting, developing best-in-industry teams.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs