About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will act as a true business owner possessing deep knowledge and expertise of your department and channel. You will assort a commercially viable line of products, building sales and inventory plans that drive sales and margin growth. You will partner closely with the global merchandising team to ensure that your market needs are embedded in the global product strategy. Owning the product lifecycle from end to end, you are responsible for the proper flow of inventory and, on weekly basis, using marketing intelligence and data on sales performance, will respond to future seasons with robust actions to drive and exceed future sales expectations. You are accountable and empowered to see things through to the end.
What You'll Do
- Follow and execute department and class level plans that support market/division strategy including preseason style plan and recommendations for investment quantities that support the commercial plan and financial goals
- Assort product based on market specific seasonality, sales trends and opportunities for growth; Drive pricing strategy for in season business through weekly promotion markdown changes
- Leverage product trends, historical sales data, competitive set data to inform in season and future product strategies
- Analyze and report out on current business results and create actionable business strategies to respond to changing business
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Strong ability to apply logic to solve problems and generate effective solutions; able to leverage quantities and qualitative data to make business decisions and take smart risks
- Able to build collaborative cross functional partnerships and present information in a compelling influential manner in group and one on one settings
- Proficient in Excel; demonstrated aptitude leveraging and learning new technology and tools
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs