About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Graphic Manager drives the design and development of Graphics for Apparel and Accessories from initial concept to commercialization. Reporting into the Director of Surface Design this person creates art concepts for Graphics that are tied to the seasonal theme.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Marketing & Design, drive and apply on garment branding for mainline and collaborations.
- Partner with Design team, develop and drive long lead and in-season branded trims for mainline and collaborations.
- Close collaboration with Design, Development teams, Product engineering, Tech Team and Marketing
- Creation of on garment cut and sew graphics
- In collaboration with marketing, apply standardized type and brand right page layouts, across internal Athleta presentations.
- Maintenance of On Product Brand Guidebook and Branded Trim assets.
- Support and drive new process for tools and naming conventions, to more efficiently work with CFT and Vendors.
- Research trends, branding, graphics, innovation for new seasons
- Creation of graphic tech packs, for release to vendors.
- Working with Tech team in fittings to define placement and scale.
- Approve Grading & Placements from vendors
- Working with 3D tools to support scale, placements and gradings.
- Partnership with development team commenting on execution and quality of Branding, Graphics & Trims.
- This role will sit on the Product Design team and is NOT a marketing role. Experience with trims, techniques, application and vendor relations is a must.
Who You Are
- Strong Knowledge of ON PRODUCT branding and visual identity creation.
- Should have strong background of branding that is applied to garments. Experience with placement, technique, trims and product pipeline.
- Experience working on a Product Design team and with Garments.
- Proficient in Adobe platforms
- Strong Typography, page layout and presentation skills
- Positive and passionate with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and build strong relationships with teammates and cross functional partners.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills which are essential to manage multiple tasks and projects and complete them within deadlines.
- 7 + years’ experience, women’s performance background preferred but not limited to
- College degree preferred but not limited to. Preferable in Textile Design, Graphic Design or related Field
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs