About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
As a Banana Republic stylist, you will help create aspirational and on trend looks that enhance the customer's emotional connection to the brand. You will be an expert on styling and fashion, with a thorough understanding of designers, brands and seasonal trends. As a stylist, you will contribute to a positive, friendly and inclusive environment that inspires and makes our customers feel welcome. Your goal is to grow the business by genuinely wanting to create an outstanding customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Take inspiration from credible and relevant fashion references, including current style icons and influencers, and translate that inspiration into action by solving customer styling needs
- Connect and engage with customers authentically to understand their styling needs
- Serve as a Brand storyteller to create experiences that drive sales and achieve store goals, with the customer as the primary focus
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with our Words to Live By
- Assist in creating an inclusive environment where our customers and employees feel a sense of belonging
- Support sales floor, fitting room, cash wrap, back of house, as required
Who You Are
- Styling experience in luxury fashion and/or strong knowledge of trends and designer brands with the ability to translate that knowledge into solving customer styling needs
- Effective communicator with experience in creating meaningful connections with customers that build brand loyalty
- Flexible and adaptable to work shifts that meet the needs of the business; flexible and/or consistent scheduling may be available
- Ability to maneuver around the salesfloor, stockroom, and office and lift up to 30lb, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Passionate about hospitality, fashion and styling
- Comfortable engaging with customers
- Team player
- Champion of Gap Inc. culture
- Curious with a “can do” attitude
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Hourly Range: $11.25 - $13.50 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
We’ll send you to our application portal to get started.
Browse all jobs