About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you wilL lead in requirement gathering, technical design as well as implementing highly scalable and high performing headless commerce API’s. They will participate in an Agile work environment to produce and deliver code and automated tests using Agile practices, working closely with other eCommerce product teams and assisting in resolving critical production issues.
What You'll Do
- Create and own the solution blueprint to architect the content and commerce roadmap
- Co-design and develop with the team to build custom headless commerce API on the GAP tech platform.
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to enable them to excel and grow within their roles
- Communicate feedback to product teams to help influence the roadmap of headless commerce solution
- Uncover opportunities to develop automations and tools that improve efficiency for the API team.
- Responsible for creating secure microservices and event-driven data flows using Springboot, Apigee, Kafka, CosmosDB, Azure among other technologies
- Responsible for creating continuous integration pipelines using Gradle, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar
- Responsible for creating monitoring dashboards and alerts using NewRelic, Splunk, Grafana
- Responsible for creating automated unit tests, contract tests, integration tests, load tests using Junit, rest-assured, Postman, JMeter
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of Experience in the Information Technology Industry
- Robust understanding of Java and TDD, deep experience with distributed systems, microservices, REST APIs, asynchronous messaging, API gateways
- Experience with technologies such as Spring Boot, NoSql DBs, containerization and cloud environments, CI/CD tools, performance engineering, messaging (Kafka)
- Ability to think objectively, correlate and interpret trends from quantitative and qualitative data
- Understanding of Agile methodology, DevOps mindset
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $135,600 - $194,100 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
We’ll send you to our application portal to get started.
Browse all jobs