About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role you will lead our distribution centers through a diversified approach of engineering principles and practices to successfully maximize productivity, quality, and service. You will need to Try Fast, Learn Fast, Think Big by leveraging engineering techniques to establish methods for maximizing optimization with a focus on continuous improvement that positively impacts our business and customers.
What You'll Do
- Identify and lead process improvement through consistent analysis methods and standards, identify best practices, benchmarks and areas for improvement to balance cost, service and productivity
- Lead, develop, and implement processes for continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, by educating and influencing operational leaders to improve performance metrics
- Establish and maintain effective cross functional relationships with business partners including internal/external customers through education and influence to improve performance metrics
- Responsible for quality of services and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for driving results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Technical knowledge of distribution operations, process flow analysis, network modeling, DC design and material handling systems
- Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders and functions
- Maximize asset utilization through the creation and implementation of new procedures and initiatives
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Conduct analyses of current designs; design and propose new layouts. Acts as local project manager and subject matter expert for all material handling modifications and related work
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs