About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role, you will provide architectural and big picture oversight for the development of new or enhanced platforms, applications and network solutions that will transform the way our customers interact. You will be responsible for leading the architectural and technical strategy requirements, ensuring quality and consistency of our network architecture across our systems. You will develop and execute new and existing technologies that align to the roadmap and lead with building and cultivating strategic long-term partnerships through teams and senior level stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Foster innovation by designing and building solutions that solve business problems and by partnering with cross functional stakeholders and at senior levels.
- Establish and evolve architecture principles to include the development of technology strategy and standards balancing both short term and long term opportunities.
- Provide technology governance to help the organization make strategic choices.
- Encourage and promote simplification by identifying and reducing functional overlap in business and technical processes.
- Technical expert in emerging and complex technologies tied to strategic areas of the business and leverages these trends to advance our priorities.
- Provides single unified vision and leads through others to identify and develops breakthrough technical innovation to execution. Key decision maker on architectural
Additional Job Description
- Software Development and architectural leader with extensive understanding of external competition and technological trends.
- Expert on solving complex technical problems at senior levels leveraging experience with related technology stack and platforms.
- Strategic ability to present and align architectural vision internally and externally at senior levels. Brand ambassador and public speaker with active involvement in external community.
- Influential and seasoned leader able to navigate complex situations to consensus and align architectural vision at senior levels both internally and externally.
- Subject matter expert of network architecture including SD-WAN
Who You Are
- Experience with translating organizational goals and product vision to achieve business success.
- Strategic partner and thought leader with experience in influencing all levels and achieving alignment.
- Thought leader within Software Delivery Lifecycle, Security Compliance and Agile and SCRUM methodology and emerging technology stack and platforms.
- Strategic problem solver that is able to lead senior level teams developing creative solutions.
- Expert knowledge of complex software languages and platforms such as Java, Oracle, Azure etc. and emerging languages.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $158,100 - $228,800 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs