About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
As a Director of Product Management on Gap Inc's Customer Analytics Product Management team, you will deliver new capabilities and products to support our global customer analytics and data science teams. You will be a hands-on leader who thrives in defining and building solutions. The role requires strong product management competencies with thought leadership abilities to innovate, and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise.
What You'll Do
- Ability to lead product management teams for Customer Analytics applications and processes
- Owns and drives opportunity assessments, definition development, monitoring and implementation of product roadmaps end to end
- Desire to partner closely with Customer Analytics, Data Science and Digital teams, and to influence adoption of new products or applications
- Leads and supports the selection of vendors in the Customer Analytics industry and effectively manages the relationships
- Defines a vision and roadmap and delivers business capabilities through technology enablement
- Interfaces with all levels of management cross-functionally, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency/optimization across the business and technical functions
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Measurement-focused; clear understanding and articulation of business value through qualitative and quantitative product metrics
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Drives business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations and adoption of products; exemplifies change management skillset
- Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence
- Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in product management - strategy, management consulting or similar role also applicable
- Experience managing major product-to-market applications, SaaS-based products, and end to end portfolios
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations with a newly created team and charter
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication, strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders
- Ability to drive and execute product measurement and articulate health, success, and impact to business through product data
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Experience working with Customer Analytics products or in Customer Analytics field strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Decision Science, Business, Operations or related analytics field preferred
Who You Are
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing platforms, APIs, and/or complex customer capabilities
- Experience working with large software engineering teams both within and outside of your domain
- Demonstrate technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non technical stakeholders
- Evaluate sometimes complex situations using multiple sources of information (internal and external sources)
- Able to filter, prioritize, analyze, and validate potentially complex In depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own subject area and understanding of procedures and concepts in other areas
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates – Non NYCPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYCBeginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).
Browse all jobs