About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for optimizing how email content comes together to create a compelling experience for each customer. This role requires a deep understanding of personalization and segmentation strategy, a holistic view of market and customer experience, and analytical prowess to make messaging recommendations, drive strategy, and highlight channel innovation needs.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the email channel strategy and execution through analysis, testing, and an understanding of trends and the industry to maximize traffic to gapfactory.com
- Drive preseason and in season email content calendar planning, develop strategies to drive and react to business
- Build and drive the testing roadmap to optimize performance
- Develop and execute an acquisition and retention strategy to grow email file size and maximize the current customer file
- Manage strategy for all marketing and triggered email programs
- Maintain the marketing, QA & Proofing email content
- Responsible for execution of all email projects (creative review, linking, QA, deployment, managing internal CRM & email vendor relationships)
- Run and own all email reporting and share out (weekly and monthly recaps), developing insights and strategies
- Maintain email budget
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience
- Must have a passion for innovative thinking & strong business acumen as well as prior experience in digital marketing. Retail experience a plus.
- Solid analytical skills, ability to glean insights and tell a story from data.
- Omniture experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized with high attention to detail and process
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills to foster relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Positive attitude with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
- Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn
- BA/BS required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs