About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This position is responsible for the day-to-day development, review, and production support of GAP's consumer mobile application. You should be comfortable with native app coding based on Google's Android development guidelines. This position is also responsible for collaborating with 3rd party vendors to ensure development is on track & quality. On top of this, you should be comfortable communicating with cross-functional teams and be able to provide updates to key stakeholders.
In this role, you will design highly scalable and high-performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. You will collaborate closely with business support teams, product managers, security, and architecture to assist in resolving critical production issues to help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation. You are a technical expert that will contribute to the requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of the native Android application.
What You'll Do
- Define technical specifications and development requirements that result in high-performing technology.
- Develop and review software to solve business problems of the scope by keeping customer experience at the forefront.
- Adopt and model a DevOps mindset by applying automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in everything we do.
- Foster innovation by applying best practices and learning from emerging technologies and through collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Communicate difficult concepts and provide recommendations.
- Enables collaboration such as mobilizing teams and active participation in problem-solving sessions.
Who You Are
What You will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 5 to 10 years of experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing native mobile applications using in-depth knowledge of the Android SDK, Android Studio & Java.
- Solid understanding of design patterns such as MVC, MVP & MVVM, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data (e.g., JSON, XML) through various interface types (e.g., REST, SOAP).
- Experience managing software projects with source control systems (e.g., GitHub).
- Experience creating automated test scripts to check API’s readiness to integrate with the application (Service Assurance Tests).
- Experience with mobile security vulnerability assessment techniques & devising remediation plans.
- Good understanding of the native app DevOps build experience (Espresso, Jenkins, Gradle)
- Knowledge of various Android Libraries & frameworks (e.g., RxJava, Dagger).
- Familiarity with 3rd party cloud-based technologies and services including push notifications, analytics, distribution & crash monitoring.
Nice to haves –
- Experience or familiarity in Kotlin.
- Experience working on Payment and/or Loyalty related services. Experience working on Retail and/or consumer-facing mobile applications.
- Experience in Agile development process and Scrum, Kanban methodologies.
- Familiarity with accessibility requirements.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs