About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Senior Lead is intended to provide a Full-Time associate level experience for high potential Leads and Brand Associates who are interested in future
leadership roles with the brand while supporting critical business needs. It is important that each Senior Lead receives the support, development and coaching
needed to reach their full potential. Every leader in the store plays a critical role in bringing this program to life and creating the best possible experience for Senior Leads.
What You'll Do
Expectations of a Senior Lead: • Actively engage in self-development and aspire to move into a management role • Take pride in the brand, product, store and team to deliver a compelling shopping experience for our customer • Model and teach service behaviors in support of an inclusive, engaged store culture that inspires others to achieve success • Demonstrate the Words to Live By consistent with our culture • Educate other Brand Associates through leading by example and teaching • Deliver consistent results • Execute Standard Operating Procedures with consistency • Operate as self-motivated and problem solve independently • Work a full-time schedule Words to Live By demonstrated by a Senior Lead: • Try Fast, Learn Fast, Think Big Be a problem solver – not a problem spotter. Drive towards solutions with speed, conviction and a blue-sky mentality • Do the Right Thing Commit to doing more good for our company, our teams, society and our planet – with the utmost integrity • Champion Inclusion Enable environments where everyone feels safe and seen. Be an instrument of change who is open to all people, ideas and ways of working • Be Customer Curious Put the customer at the forefront of every idea, decision and interaction, with empathy towards their experiences • Own it, Do it, Done Don’t sit on the sidelines. If you’re 5% responsible, you’re 100% accountable and empowered to see things through to the end. Rally others to win with you. Outcomes from the Senior Lead role: • Employee engagement and talent stability • Customer satisfaction and loyalty • Focused results within area of responsibility • High impact development plan • Succession to the next level role
Who You Are
- Good communicator with the ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, who is always learning, open to feedback and takes action as required
- Able to handle customer interactions and potential issues/concerns courteously and professionally
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on- the-job training
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs