About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This position is primarily responsible for managing new and major remodel retail projects from pre-deal approval through construction closeout. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing multiple external vendors simultaneously, including construction project managers and general contractor service providers. Depending on workload, project types, and project timing, the successful candidate will at times directly manage/oversee all aspects of a portfolio of construction projects; and at other times will manage a team of outsourced Construction Project Managers managing individual projects. As an Owner's Representative, this position has cost, schedule, and quality responsibilities including project delivery, document management, site control, scope of work change management, cost forecastingisk analysis, cost and schedule integration, and project reporting. The candidate must possess a thorough understanding of architectural and construction means and methods; must work well in a team environment, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface and navigate at various levels and with various members of the organization.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for managing cost, schedule, and quality of construction projects through project close-out for assigned projects. Experience and knowledge of construction costs, bid/award processes, subcontractor labor dynamics in union and non-union markets. Ability to manage and qualify all aspects of the GC competitive bid/award process, host pre-bid project site reviews and respond to bid questions/clarifications. Actively involved in corporate project planning and approval activities, general contractor bid award and mobilization, construction critical path management, change order management and landlord charge-back processes.
- Manage approximately $10m to $30m in construction costs per year.
- Ability to assess and inform on potential cost/schedule impacts based on Landlord Construction exhibits mall/center design criteria, core/shell structural issues, and LL delivery requirements relative to Gap's intended designs, MEP/energy systems requirements.
- Ability to inform and communicate technical construction aspects to Finance, Real Estate Law, and Real Estate Field teams,
- Develop project schedules, review and inform capital budgets. Expert knowledge of tenant-improvement construction sequencing and durations to develop construction phasing plans/strategies with Operations teams for open-store remodel projects. Ability to develop project schedules and manage teams to key milestones; highlight and escalate missed or "at risk" milestones and identify options and alternatives to keep projects on track. Familiarity and experience with retail store operations and strategies to mitigate impact of construction on store teams.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of relevant construction management experience
- Ability to travel to projects as needed
- Capable of working independently, with little supervision; Ability to escalate logically and methodically.
- Strong technical, analytical and strategic management skills based on industry experience; Excellent time management skills.
- Customer service oriented. Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Strong business acumen, ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Skilled with Microsoft applications and other relevant computer skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs