About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
In this role, you will engage and connect with our customers by providing excellent customer service. You will be an expert in product and use this expertise to educate, inform, inspire and outfit the customer. You will offer information to the customer on current merchandise assortment, store promotions and events, and execute operational processes effectively and efficiently. Your goal is to bring our brand to life for our customers while building brand loyalty and delivering with productivity.
What You'll Do
- All associates are expected to become experts of the brand's selling behaviors, leveraging these behaviors with every customer who walks through our doors and allowing us to provide a premium customer experience.
- Acknowledge and assist customers; locate merchandise efficiently using various methods; answer questions quickly and accurately
- Offer style and outfit suggestions to the customer, utilizing mannequins and displays for inspiration
- Promote loyalty by educating customers about our loyalty programs
- Leverage omni channel offerings to deliver a frictionless customer experience
- Support sales floor, fitting room, check out, and back of house processes, as required
- Courteous and responsive to internal/external request
- Exchange and verifies job related information to provide support
Who You Are
- Good communicator with the ability to utilize technology effectively and engage with customers and your team to meet goals
- Problem solver with a focus on continuous improvement, who is always learning, open to feedback and takes action as required
- Able to handle customer interactions and potential issues/concerns courteously and professionally
- Use basic information-gathering skills to solve problems
- Ability to learn procedural knowledge acquired through on- the-job training
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Hourly Range: $16.30 - $17.50 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Browse all jobs