Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. The Decision Support team within “Data and Analytics” drives value by blending business strategy with analytics to understand our customers’ behavior and identify or validate opportunities that improve the profitability of our brands and the experience of our customers.
Reporting to the Director of GAP Decision Support, this individual works hand-in-hand with the Marketing, Finance and Strategy teams within the brand as well as media agency partners to increase the effectiveness and scale of our marketing tactics, by understanding customers’ responses and needs.
The successful candidate has a strong analytical mindset, is passionate about understanding the Customer’s behavior and skilled at combining strategy and analytics, storytelling with data and driving business decisions with analytics; they are experts at accessing and manipulating complex and large scale data, and applying analytics in support of business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Design and evaluate A/B media tests to drive a hypothesis forward
- Collaborate with external media agency partners to measure effectiveness of media campaigns
- Drive forward the media learning agenda in sync with the brand partners and the external media agencies
- Design and build reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators, and other end user information portals or resources
- Advise business groups by providing technical and strategic reports that identify and address business issues and opportunities
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements based on business requests and needs
- Collaborate with business partners to translate high impact business opportunities into analytic frameworks, business requirements, and plans to support model development
- Responsible for end results of team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Proficient in data access and analysis methods for large customer and transactional data: Expert SQL skills and working experience with an array of data extraction, manipulation and summarization languages and toolsets such as R, Python, SAS, Databricks, Azure, Domino Data Lab
- Familiarity and experience using visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- Experience working in fast paced, cross functional, agile environment
- Understanding of concepts and procedures specific to own subject area
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs