About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Manager of Inventory Optimization is a leader within the Old Navy Online Inventory Strategy team, driving the creation, management and execution of inventory actions to support the total online business. This role will manage a team that is crucial to unlocking untapped inventory opportunity through tracking, size selling analysis and service level assessment.
What You'll Do
- Manage team of Online Inventory Analysts and provide leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment
- Evaluate inventory strategy and drive recommendations to adjust and react to changes in in-season business
- Forecast, track, and communicate inventory levels throughout product pipeline to ensure execution of strategies, inform broader Digital Merchandising team of any risks, opportunities and actions.
- Drive size and pack process to optimize inventory levels; use hindsight to build strategy to improve performance
- Identify, communicate and resolve inventory callouts or other business issues in a timely manner
- Participate in key brand initiatives and launches and provide strategic point of view
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, Inventory Management and Online channel a plus.
- 2+ years of people management experience, preferred
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a diverse group of business partners
- Strategic Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs