About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
This position requires a self-starter and supports the Web Content Development (WCD) and brand (GAP, Old Navy, Athleta, and Banana Republic) eCommerce teams by developing, deploying and monitoring operations through analytics & dashboards.
You’ll help to drive significant improvements in ecommerce revenue & profitability, and you’ll champion and exploit insights through cross-functional partnership, trust, collaboration, and creative storytelling. Specifically, you’ll use existing toolsets to deeply interrogate metrics and transform data to insights; you’ll regularly produce proactive insights, and will become a trusted liaison with our brand partners, responding to ad-hoc requests for insights, Adobe workspace dashboards, and data.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with key WCD stakeholders on how to best leverage analytics to construct dashboards and reporting mechanisms in order to inform better business decisions and optimization recommendations.
- A vocal leader for developing dashboards, analytics and key metrics, mentoring others on the team in the application of this data.
- Analyze web analytics to deliver insights, form and test hypotheses. Extract, combine, and visualize various data sources.
- Interpret commercial data reporting to aid in planning and health monitoring of systemic performance. Communicate effectively negative trends to leadership teams to reduce harmful impact to business.
- Partner with tag management and development teams to support implementation of new metrics and dimensions
- Facilitate regularly scheduled check-ins with WCD LT members and brand producers to guide and educate on WCD analytics and the technologies used to execute them.
- Manage business relationships with brand production, product management, marketing and creative teams.
- Leverage tools such as Adobe Anaytics, ContentSquare, and Medallia to surface insights and drive optimization and value for our brand partners.
- Participate in the creation of both proactive and ad-hoc insights generation, and use PowerPoint, PowerBI, and other tools to creatively tell the story of how visitors transit and interact with our digital properties.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from brands and other partners for insights, dashboards, and data.
- Partner with other cross-functional stakeholders, such as other analytics teams, to support cross-team sharing of capabilities, subject-matter expertise, and insights; facilitate trainings and become a trusted subject-matter expert for your team and others.
- Partner with other team members to maintain internal communications and Sharepoint/Confluence sites for our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or MBA preferred.
- Hands-on experience with ecommerce analytics tools, specifically Adobe Analytics; experience with heatmapping and behavioral analytics tools (ContentSquare/Full Story or similar), digital voice-of-customer tools (Medallia or similar), and SQL is preferred.
- Strong experience with Microsoft powerpoint, Microsoft excel and data visulatization tools, such as PowerBI.
- 2+ years of ecommerce experience, preferably in a multi-brand retail environment.
- Ability to transform data to insights through creative storytelling, leveraging both deductive and inductive arguments.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Proficiency with website speed/performance analytics & tools – Lighthouse, New Relic.
- Understanding of the modern commerce technology stack: A/B testing, personalization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with understanding of the dynamics of large organizational politics. Technical writing skills a plus.
- Experience giving presentations.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs