About Yeezy Gap
For the last 51 years, we’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. Yeezy Gap represents the next step in our journey. This partnership brings the relationship between Kanye West and Gap brand full circle, as Kanye worked in a Gap store as a teen growing up in Chicago. This bold alliance will take the creativity, fashion leadership and energy of YEEZY and fuel it with Gap brand’s expertise, global reach + recognition, and best-in-class supply chain. If you want to be a part of this historic partnership, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a Senior Product Manager on Gap Inc's Yeezy Gap Customer Experience team, you will help define the product roadmap by working with your product management counterparts and leaders to identify and drive forward new capabilities for both Yeezy Gap digital, and our stores experience. You will be a hands-on leader who thrives in defining and guiding solutions. You work fast, lead boldly, and are energized by blue sky thinking. You bring a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge.
The role requires solid product management competencies, strong understanding of the business processes and strong relationship management skills. We are looking for product managers that are passionate about the customer’s journey, while striving to understand the complexities of system integrations and operational impacts.
What you'll do
- Lead a cross-domain team to deliver against strategic priorities for Yeezy Gap and its growth
- Define a vision and roadmap; deliver business capabilities through technology enablement
- Build trust and establish rapport with stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and user base
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions to clearly articulate and drive user journeys, experience, and value addition
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Critical and creative thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Lead cross-functional projects holistically to support process optimization end to end which includes driving the project management, thought leadership, solution innovation and change management.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans which are supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Who you are
- 8 plus years of experience in strategy, management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar roles
- Experience managing major product-to-market applications, SaaS-based products, and end to end portfolios
- Strong hiring, coaching, and development experience
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues – a key thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- BA/BA with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.