About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Responsible for supporting the Payroll Operations teams (Field, Corporate, Garnishments) with payroll processing as needed. Managing the short / long term disability payment process, arrears processing, collections, stock processing, retroactive payments, legal entity transfers, and other work items needed for accurate payroll processing. Support leave accrual processing and ensure all payouts happen timely according to state and provincial guidelines. Write / edit payroll reports for the Payroll Operations team. Identify areas of risk to payroll processing, compliance risk, validations and process improvements. Regular interaction occurs with Employee Services team members across the department and company. Internal customers include, but are not limited to, Store, Distribution Center, and Headquarters’ employees. Additional interaction occurs with key business partners from HR functional areas and with external vendors and government agencies.
What you'll do
- Understand leave accrual plans and the activity that can impact those plans. Review leave accrual plans to ensure system is processing as expected. This includes paid time off (PTO), sick leave and holiday leave plans for US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico populations. Validate leave plans and PTO payouts are made timely within state and provincial guidelines. Support testing for any leave accrual implementation for new plans, updates to old plans or tickets to update leave plan coding. Partner with IT and Employee Services as needed to ensure adequate test scenarios are included.
- Review short term and long term disability payments including, but not limited to, minimum wage payments for employees on leave, arrears payments while on leave of absence and arrears updates for employee who return or terminate after long term LOA. Communicate with Benefits and leave administrators, and determine process guidelines to ensure employees are being paid correctly while on leave and upon return.
- Support collections for paid time off, LOA overpayments and arrears. This includes managing of the notifications, payments processing, monthly reporting, W2 corrections, informing the collection agency, write-offs processed and support any questions and research items as requested.
- Review legal entity transfer pay related processes to ensure it is being run regularly, employees are paid for correct hours, correct pay rate, correct benefits and garnishment deductions taken and deductions moved to the new record and PTO transfers accurately from one company to the other and the balance is not compromised.
- Validation of company stock processing, including releases and exercises to ensure accuracy of data in PeopleSoft based on bi-weekly and quarterly validations performed by Payroll Operations and Stock Administration.
- Manage the child support arrears deductions processing for amount to be taken from bonus/lump sum payments as directed by garnishment agency. Notify agency of expected bonus and release funds to employee / agency based on the agency instructions.
- Validation of PTO Collections and LOA Overpayment processes to ensure the following is occurring timely and accurately: letters are being sent within SLA; payments processed within guidelines; W2 corrections are processed within SLA; information forwarded to collection agency regularly; write-offs processed monthly; and reporting to various business partners sent by monthly due dates.
- Identify areas of risk to payroll processing and implement validation processes for role and for teams to follow on individual teams.
Who you are
- Experience in related field including reporting and analytics
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, analyze and initiate value added solutions
- Demonstrated effectiveness in facilitation, training program design and delivery desirable
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments concurrently
- PC application knowledge in MS Excel and MS Word required. PowerPoint and MS Access proficiency is highly desirable
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs