About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the Plan, Book and Allocate organization, we’re looking for a Software Engineer who will actively participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions. This role will design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions in an Agile work environmentand produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. This individual will work closely with business support teams and product managers toassist in resolving critical production issues help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation.
This individual will need to stay current on the latest in technology and methodology in the market and be able to perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and to apply usefulness and effectiveness to the organization upon adoption. The role is responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and quality of the end product delivered. The key business partners that will works closely with this team member are the Product Architect, Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product manager and Scrum Master in order to balance product architecture and to meet delivery timeline.
What you'll do
- Provisioning, configuring, and monitoring batch analytics pipelines with technologies like Spark/databricks, Kafka and Event hubs on Cloud Microsoft Azure or other major cloud platform.
- Containers and container orchestration using Docker, or Kubernetes
- Developing CI/CD pipelines for automating testing and delivery of software products
- Utilizes and champions best coding practices
- Provisioning, configuring, and monitoring Azure cloud services
- Python scripting
- Deployment of applications, infrastructure, upgrades, and changes to platform capacity.
- Maximize system uptime and availability and ensuring functional and performance SLAs Responsible for establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting for various systems.
- Creating ETL/Ingestion jobs using Apache Spark and monitor/maintain the jobs on Cloud (Azure)
- Identify and surface performance and optimization oppurtunities and implement caching to improve the performance of derived views and using different joint methodologies like hash, nested, and merge.
- Schedule jobs using Scheduler and importing and exporting views to different databases and pre-prod environments and document the best practices and be actively involved in design discussions
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 5+ years of softwre development experience
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with NewRelic or similar monitoring platforms
- Experience with Azure DevOps, GitLabs, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, CodeFresh or other CI/CD tools
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop and associated technologies such as MapReduce and Spark
- Hands-on experience in the DevOps model, production support and Agile methodologies as well understanding the concepts of MLOps
- Experience in using containerization technologies and cloud, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry preferred
- Familiarity with Messaging Technology such as Kafka, experience in using CI/CD tools such as
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs