About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Global Incident Director will be accountable for the collaboration with site reliability stakeholders including key cloud vendors as well as determining objectives and standards of expected service thresholds across all brands of Gap Inc. This individual will lead and provide direction in resolving highly complex and technical issues across the enterprise along with Senior SREs. High collaboration and influencing skills and key partnership relations is essential to this role. This role will interface with senior leaders in our business teams and GapTech and will represent GapTech Global Incident Command (GICC) & Post Mortem organization wide. The Director will leverage in depth knowledge of the technology and company to solve complex issues. Global Incident Command Director with SRE experience/environment. Managing the incident and not the technology/engineering.
What you'll do
- This work group demands to be available 24*7 for business-critical incidents and must be agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Drive early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities and identify SRE critical product teams; Drive discussions across product teams to identify service level objectives, service level agreements, service level indicators, error budget thresholds and opportunities for optimization; Drive critical product teams in close collaboration with SREs across Gap Tech to respond to error budgets by augmenting product development to focus on key site reliability areas.
- Lead coordination of cross team dependencies to enable continuous improvement to incident response and resolution. Partner closely with teams (mission control, SRE, domain, business engagement, network, DevOps, vendors) to reduce MTTI/MTTR for major outages, prevent bottlenecks, quick issue resolution and form collaborations that will extend value across the organization.
- Jointly accountable with leadership and SRE team for the successful delivery of global command center and continuous process improvement and delivery including strategy and execution of feedback loops.
- Forming strong collaboration ties with peak leads to ensure readiness and the appropriate support is available for the critical peak period.
- Form strong partnerships with Cloud Service Provider and 3rd party partners – working with sourcing and CSPs around SLA reviews ensuring SLAs are being met
- Developing and building extraordinary talent amongst team members.
Who you are
- Agile methodology experience and a minimum of 6 years of senior program management experience managing large scale technical initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to identify threats and opportunities while aligning departmental goals, processes and talent allocation with the organizational strategy
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels and strong problem solving and analytical skills; Strength in driving for business outcomes and results and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communications, especially at the senior leadership level, and the ability to work well with business and technical teams
- Action/Decision Oriented mind set and adaptable to changing requirements and direction. Team player in a highly matrixed environment
- Proficiency with ITSM tools like Service Now, Pager Duty, ITIL, and Incident management. Experience in monitoring tools like – Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, New Relic, Datadog; Well versed in site reliability concepts and driving processes in site reliability environment
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple activities at one time in a high-pressure environment and adaptable to changing requirements and direction.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs