About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This leader is responsible for the learning and development programs for Fishkill, NY Distribution Campus. The leader partners within the HR function, L&D business partners, Operations leaders, and business leaders across support functions to design and deliver programs and experiences that develop key capabilities to support campus and functional strategies. This leader supports team in design, development, and execution of learning programs. This role adapts to new ways of working, problem solving, takes initiative to drive results, improves collaboration, effectiveness and efficiency in learning programs. The leader executes assessments and creates L&D plans for differing functional needs and provides solutions that positively impact business results. The leader leads the learning programs for multiple grade level (exempt and non-exempt) of employees across various functions and is responsible for the learning needs of employees across two distribution center buildings.
What you'll do
- Evaluate and measure results on training program effectiveness
- In partnership with Operations and HR, create and or customize learning curriculum and collateral to support onboarding, functional training, succession planning and ongoing behavior/skill development
- Own LMS and track completion of mandatory training programs
- Design and deliver learning solutions that are leveraged at the campus and network level
- Manage and development campus L&D team, including seasonal Trainers
- Maintain current L&D industry knowledge
Who you are
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Can operate in a fast-paced, changing environment with multiple competing priorities
- Has successfully managed delivery of learning solutions. Proven ability to facilitate small and large training sessions (live and remotely) and experience with various learning technologies
- Experience in leading a team with ability to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to deliver with speed and continuous iteration to quality
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of training experience preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs