About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Manager, Global Events is part of a fast-paced team that manages all types of Gap Inc. meetings, events and activations for our brands and corporate functions. The scope encompasses a wide variety of events including virtual, hybrid and live; including zoom webinars, complex virtual events, bespoke executive events and field conferences. This dynamic individual must develop strong, high-trust relationships with internal and external partners, be able to influence to gain adoption of ideas and proposals, and deliver creative, high-quality events that are aligned with business goals and budget parameters. This role is highly collaborative and partners with team members, external vendors, and cross-functional business partners across the organization.
What you'll do
- Event Management: Holistically manage all aspects of virtual and live event production, inclusive of experiential event design, planning, cost analysis, vendor management, event technology, and execution.
- Creativity and Experience Design: Create engaging and inspiring experiences for event attendees.
- Contracts/Vendor Relationships: Source, recommend and negotiate pricing and contracts for hotels, production companies, technology platforms, event agencies, etc. Communicate consistently with event vendors regarding performance, timelines, and budget.
- Communication: Proactive and consistent communication with Business Partners. Build trusting relationships that benefit the organization in the long term. Identify issues and escalate appropriately.
- Budget Management / Cost Avoidance: Negotiate high value contracts; manage and reconcile event budgets up to $5M in spend; report negotiated savings and cost avoidance.
- Post-Event Reconciliation: Conduct debriefs and document successes and learnings; finalize budgets and invoices.
Who you are
- Customer first mentality; creating and executing plans and solutions with the customer in mind, with a mindset of continuous improvement and innovation
- Ability to effectively communicate with, listen to, and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions within evolving scope and competing deadlines
- 5+ years experience in event management and production, both virtual and live events
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and finding appropriate solutions to challenges
- Idea generator able to deliver elevated experiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs