About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Provides HR Generalist support to Gap Brand, in partnership with the Director, Field Human Resources. Assists in the creation, coordination and execution of HR initiatives and programs. Supports and executes the Gap people strategy. Responsible for providing direct HR support to assigned region, including Regional Director and District Manager population, in addition to store leaders.
What you'll do
- Responsible for creating and implementing a regional people strategy to support the brand and regional business goals.
- Guides, trains and directs business partners and District Manager’s on the execution of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal (EEO, ADA, FMLA, etc.) and corporate compliance (Gap Inc. COBC, P&P).
- Leads and supports the execution of annual HR processes including: talent review, performance planning, annual performance reviews, EOS, retention initiatives and compensation review.
- Diagnoses performance concerns/opportunities to identify root cause, offering effective and holistic solutions to improve performance in partnership with DM population for Grade 17 and below field leaders and in partnership with RD for the DM population.
- Provides direct coaching and consultation to RD, DM and Visual Manager population to build and develop greater organizational capability.
- Enhances field leadership effectiveness and capabilities by assessing individual development needs and partnering effectively to build development plans.
- Supports and leads, where appropriate, the investigation process of medium and high risk concerns, analyzing organizational health issues, consulting on solutions/follow up.
- Analyzes, benchmarks and reacts, where applicable, to financial, operational and HR metrics to drive results.
- Support the effective on-boarding of new leaders to the organization, focusing on DM population.
- Responds appropriately to employee questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Assesses store environment during store visits and explore solutions with management for improvement, making recommendations to DM.
- Partners with Regional Recruiters on all aspects of the recruiting process including: sourcing, screening, interviewing and candidate selection, as needed.
Who you are
- General knowledge of HR practices including benefits, compensation, employment law, performance management, employee relations policies and procedures, learning and development and recruiting.
- Ability to effectively partner with supervisor and HR team members.
- Ability to respond to customer needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to drive for results
- Strong execution acumen
- Well developed interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with field leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Ability to comfortably and effectively interact with and influence leaders
- Ability to manage conflict effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills; comfortable in front of small and large audiences
- Ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated decision quality; ability to use sound judgment in assessing risk and determining the appropriate action
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to successfully work under pressure, respond to shifting needs and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent project and time management skills; strong sense of urgency
- High professional standards; strong customer service mentality, can be trusted to maintain confidentiality; is positive and possesses a "can-do" attitude
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel up to 25-30%
- 5-7 years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist function preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs