Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Responsible for the overall photography sample process management and optimization. Identify, implement, and champion best practices for the Sample Team.
What you'll do
- Drive efficiency with sample management processes for Gap Specialty & Gap Factory.
- Drive the tracking and receipt of all photography samples from GIS vendors within the Marketing and Online production timelines. Track and understand the status of all samples at any point in time. Report out weekly sample completion rates for all samples sets throughout the seasonal process.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to retrieve/borrow samples when necessary.
- Identify roadblocks, actively work to solve issues, and establish systems to address pre-season product changes.
- Understand and clearly communicate any specific sample variances that might impact photography processes.
- Communicate with Gap Inc. Photo studio to ensure all samples are shot for product photography on time and provide weekly updates on Photo Studio’s Weekly Outstanding list.
- Support Team to organize and maintain sample closets and sample log to identify any missing samples.
- Configure reporting tools to share out sample status on a regular basis.
- Lead Sample Team in support of creative teams pre- and postproduction photo shoot sample needs.
- Establish pre-season tools and documentation to support sample pass-off process.
- Help maintain existing seasonal calendars to ensure cross functional teams are aware of sample sharing and arrival date(s).
- Actively manage and develop team of six Sample Coordinators (four Specialty, two Outlet).
Who you are
- Skilled in creating, influencing, and fostering partnerships throughout an organization
- Experience in marketing or communications, content creation/product storytelling a plus
- Strong attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency; ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Strong time management expertise and flexibility to changing priorities
- Previous experience managing a team
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs