Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Serves as a primary business liaison and project coordinator for the Regional Directors (or Senior Regional Directors), and Region Business partners through proactive, solution-oriented actions. Performs all administrative duties for Regional Directors and offers administrative support for District Managers and Regional Business Partners as outlined by the Regional Directors.
What you'll do
Supports the Regional Directors with all functions related to Regional operations and activities.
Responsible for Regional operations (calendar, budgets, communication) and developing and sharing best practices with peers and business partners.
Provides support on development and implementation of Region and/or division initiatives.
Analyzes Company, Region and District financial data; provides actionable feedback and plans to appropriate business partners.
Provides research assistance and recommendations on Company, Region and District initiatives.
Develops effective business relationships with Region and HQ business partners to ensure rapid and efficient resolution of regional, customer and/or business issues.
Ensures completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines; tracks milestones and timelines across assigned projects for individual work and client groups as appropriate.
Relieves region and/or HQ client group of administrative detail as outlined by supervisor.
Supports Regional HR activities (focal, job postings, census reporting, hours reporting, succession planning, reporting relationships, on-boarding, acting manager program, regional meetings etc.).
Analyzes and resolves issues for field budgets and expenses (budgets, sales plan, expenses).
Analyzes and submits field incentive, ensuring accurate reporting and timely payout.
Responsible for all aspects of event/meeting planning including logistics, site selection, , conceptual planning, schematic development, audience and speaker, vendor negotiation and management execution of all aspects including event logistics, production and travel arrangements as well as post event measurement.
Arranges Regional Directors meetings and commitments to maximize time.
Arranges Regional Directors travel including itinerary, trip file and supplies as appropriate.
Completes expense reports and reclassification of expenses for client group as outlined by supervisor.
Sets up tickler system and exception reporting to handle all routine work without supervision.
Recommends action to improve standard officeegional operation procedures. Presents comparisons on cost, risks and benefits.
Takes initiative on requests and inquiries of an administrative nature, bring to resolution when appropriate.
Maintains impeccable levels of confidentiality, discretion and high professional standards.
Supports two Regional Directors or Senior Directors.
Interacts with all levels of Headquarters, field management and customers.
Works closely with peers in and outside immediate region as required.
Who you are
- 2-3 years retail experience at a management level preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Management or Executive Assistant experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Customer-service skills.
- Ability to develop effective business relationships with all levels.
- Independently and proactively prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to manage tactical level projects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to travel.
- Exemplifies Gap, Inc.'s Purpose, Values and Behaviors.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Expert Problem Solving abilities.
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required. May include occasional weekend travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, on occasion may include nights and weekends.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Able to lift/carry 20 lbs.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent preferred.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs