About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, many of our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a Senior Director of Product Management, you will own the product roadmap across multiple domains and drive towards new and groundbreaking capabilities. You will take goals and guidance from leadership and turn that into a product strategy & vision for your group to deliver industry-leading customer experiences as well as operational efficiencies. You will use thought leadership to innovate and guide teams to deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise. You will guide the implementation journey by building strong relationships across various stakeholder groups.
The role requires a strong customer-focused mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced product leaders that drive collaboration and innovation without boundaries and that don’t wait for the solutions to be defined for them. You should be experienced in guiding product development, making tough tradeoffs, and figuring out the business value and what’s right for customers.
What you'll do
- Define a product vision and roadmap for the group, across domains; Bring clarity to ambiguous goals; Influence interdependent product roadmaps in other domains.
- Provide thought leadership on effective use of technology to drive business outcomes; Evaluate and champion new technology trends and capabilities to evolve the product strategy.
- Fosters a culture of effective partnership; Mitigate risks on product group delivery by partnering with peers on governance, and alignment on timelines and prioritization with transparency.
- Manage and develop a team of Product leaders, while partnering with external agencies and vendors, to deliver against priorities.
- Leverage business acumen to influence functional and brand leaders on the product direction in support of corporate strategies.
- Create a culture of experimentation, and use it to validate and adjust product group strategy.
Who you are
- 12+ years of experience in supply chain strategy, operations and/or technology in the retail or consumer goods industry, with 5+ years of people management experience.
- Solid functional understanding of software development and deconstructing customer or operational problems to build technology solutions; Experience with best-in-class supply chain solutions in design, sourcing, planning, merchandising or logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritize and adapt to a changing environment, utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and work with complex data to draw insights.
- Ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Skilled at influencing business strategy and prioritization based on the value-added with technology.
- Build and evolve teams – adept at hiring, coaching, and development of senior product managers/leaders.
- BA/BS or advanced degree with an emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs