About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
What you'll do
- Leads team of a single business. Develops, communicates and drives seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Manages team to create a simple and compelling product assortment and/or financial accountability. Demonstrates smart risk-taking in investment strategies. Builds strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team and brand counterparts.
- Develop and gain approval for online business strategies, merchandise messages, and seasonal assortments that incorporate the division’s objectives.
- Develop/decide product assortment, merchandise point of view, shop strategies, key item positioning, and promotional plans, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives.
- In collaboration with Planning, establish seasonal strategies and financial plans; ensure the financial success of a single division by meeting or exceeding sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Position department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales and web performance metrics; provide appropriate and timely direction to business partners and team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends considering all business levers such as site changes, inventory management and marketing opportunities.
- Drive online exclusive businesses strategies, including product development, promotional strategies, and product presentation.
- Lead team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Gain knowledge of customer.
- Gain awareness of competitive landscape, both click and brick.
- Effectively communicate seasonal division strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
- Responsible for timely workflow of web management deliverables and timelines; includes overseeing and validating the work completed by the merchandise coordinator. Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and it’s impact on the customer’s site experience
- Responsible for placing quantities and maintaining accuracy of ACT tool. Communicates changes and updates to production team.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that the web site effectively communicates the merchandising strategies.
- Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Build robust cross-brand and business relationships; share information where appropriate.
- Sharpen presentation skills.
- Supervise assistant and/or merchandise coordinator, if applicable. Support employees in developing goals for themselves and provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their professional development.
- Support an open and inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strength of their efforts.
- Sharpen delegating skills.
- Act as a role-model within the Department by coaching and teaching team members to work cooperatively and to remain focused.Partner with Planning to build and monitor balanced financial plans and identify future business opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing and Design to ensure a compelling site and customer experience that supports overall business objectives and meets customer expectations.
- Partner with Production to ensure timelines, deliverables, and site capabilities are workable.
- Serve as a brand steward, through both product assortment and site experience as it relates to product; gain support and trust through shared learnings and customer insight.
- Partner with brand production and tech services to ensure efficiency and accuracy as it relates to exclusive product and/or businesses.
- Partner with the call centers to provide seasonal merchandise strategies and product information.
Who you are
- Formulate short term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient, realistic and support strategies.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and upper management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Accurately assess employee strengths and developmental needs.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of others' opinions.
- Possess basic knowledge of international production processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of retail buying experience.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
- Ability to travel domestically.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs