About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The social media manager will play a critical role in monitoring and analyzing conversations about Gap Inc. and its brands across all channels in order to help us manage the reputation of our purpose-led lifestyle brands – Old Navy Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta. We’re looking for someone who is an expert at identifying emerging issues and separating the signal from the noise, who lives and breathes social media listening strategies, and has a high degree of expertise in analyzing data, trends and social conversations to inform strategic planning and crisis response. The manager will regularly create detailed analysis reports for the Communications team, brand leaders, business partners and channel owners as well as succinct, contextualized data-led recommendations and executive-level briefs for leaders.
What you'll do
- Own end-to-end tracking for social listening and analysis, including monitoring all social media activity across Gap Inc. and brand channels and partnering with Communications leaders to track positive, neutral and negative conversations across all platforms.
- Create detailed reporting and analysis to Communications team members, brand and channel owners as well as succinct, executive-level reporting and analysis for leaders to drive business decisions.
- Use crisis thresholds to escalate negative conversations to appropriate partners – serving as the point person during moments of reputational risk to the business.
- Manage and update our social media crisis protocols, partner with relevant teams to continue to evolve procedures to meet business needs and best practices, and help establish a community of experts across the company.
- Partner with Director to assess corporate and executive social landscape, and leverage insights for cross-team planning.
- Serve as a thought partner to support planning as well as response strategies, and occasionally support social content development.
- Support response strategies on Glassdoor and Indeed in partnership with media agency as needed.
Who you are
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience for large, global brands, including in-depth knowledge of corporate social media strategies including social listening and escalation, content development, tools and best practices.
- Direct experience in analyzing crisis and social conversation in a corporate setting.
- Highly effective communicator with a penchant for collaboration and problem-solving; is savvy at building relationships with key business partners across multiple teams.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to draw insights from data and contextualize for a broad audience.
- Experience with the BrandWatch platform is ideal; or equivalent listening tool.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to work well under tight deadlines and effectively manage high-pressure issues and crisis situations.
- Experience in content development and copy writing a plus.
- This role can be remote but must be conducive with working in PST time zone.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs