About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Banana Republic Franchise Planner will help drive franchisee seasonal investments to hit wholesale and margin budget for the Mens division through analysis of division/department/category product performance across accounts.
In this role you’ll partner with Franchise Merchandiding and Account Management to identify key product risks and opportunities and make recommendations to drive sales and gross margin with recommendations of seasonal product investments, helping to influence accounts with a thorough understanding of product financials and market nuances.
In addition, this role will also be responsible for product wholesale pricing in effort to preserve franchisee and Gap Inc. margin.
This position will be based in NY HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Franchise Merchandising, Account Management, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing as well as Global Banana Republic Planning.
What you'll do
- Develop and communicate, in conjunction with Merchandising, comprehensive pre-season strategies that align to future financial product opportunities; while protecting key product attributes through franchise exclusives and market nuances.
- Present learnings both for internal and external cross functional meetings with product level financials, in-season performance, and assessment of future risks and opportunities
- Identify and set financial product benchmarks and guardrails at partner level each season
- Influence partner seasonal investments and sign off partner investments within seasonal investment reviews
- Develop processes and tools to support execution of Market Week and Banana Republic order submission.
Who you are
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Able to prioritize workload and time manage
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Comfortable in presenting to multiple audiences (Execute leadership, Franchisee facing and Global teams)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years of merchandise planning/buying experience
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs