For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
As a Planner on our product team, you will manage the success of one or more categories by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals. You will be accountable for maintaining and driving optimal inventory levels and owning product category end to end considering channel differences, while planning and managing the inventory holistically to maximize ROI. The ideal candidate is curious, innovative, results-oriented, and focused on executing a best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Strong analytical and storytelling skills will serve you well.
What you'll do
- Own inventory forecasting to support cross-functional stakeholders, analyzing historical data and current trends to identify risk and opportunity for one or more categories
- Manage the preseason planning process, developing division/department or class financial plans to ensure plans support broader category/brand strategies, and collaborating with merchandising to set preseason detailed assortment sales and investment plans that align with top-line class level plans
- Responsible for in-season open-to-buy activities at class level, representing department/product category point of view in key meetings and working with peers to ensure consistency of information
- Regularly communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to IM leadership and cross-functional partners, prioritizing and managing expectations of cross-functional team around key deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong relationships cross-functionally with Merchandising, Production, Planning, and Store Operations, sharing best practices and aligning processes
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years work experience, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, able to handle many projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing workload
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills, able to present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Omni-channel experience a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs