For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Surface CAD Manager role supports the Surface Design Team, with focus and emphasis on cad production and tactical functions.
What you'll do
- Lead and coach Surface CAD team members helping to grow their knowledge and skill sets.
- Work closely with the Surface Director and Design Team to create best in class, production ready print and pattern that aligns with Athleta’s brand vision.
- Partner with Senior Project manager to build print and pattern against novelty and product lineplans
- Exhibit expert knowledge when building a cohesive print and pattern assortment.
- Implement 3D Software for print and pattern.
- Work closely with Surface R&D Team to ensure artwork is consistent with feasibility and cost parameters.
- Work closely with Tech Design & vendors/engineers to address technical issues as they arise.
- Analyzes areas in need for efficiencies.
- Encourages a culture of continuous improvement, productive thinking and collaboration within the Surface Design Team and Cross Functional partners.
- Accountable for process improvement, lean and sustainable practices to positively impact Athleta and the customer.
- Manage departmental maintenance (e.g. ordering supplies and managing inventory).
Who you are
- College degree preferred but not limited to Fashion Design, Textiles or a related field
- 5 – 7 + years experience
- Ability to lead and manage CAD design process and team (e.g career development, performance management)
- Awareness of development process for Print and Pattern, including color matching and creation of colorways (knowledge of Performance/Active market a plus)
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems, NED, Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge of 3D software a plus
- Excellent sense of design and color
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong time management & interpersonal communication and skills
- Strong ability to flex between creative and technical design
- Positive growth mindset attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment and build strong relationships with business partners & teammates
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs