About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Pricing team, reporting into Inventory Strategy, is a key part of a broader team that works front and center in defining the best path forward for our brands and portfolio. Through a focus on the customer, rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we directly impact the strategic direction of Banana Republic through supporting our CEO, Sr. Leadership team, and our brand partners.
We are looking for innovative and analytical leader who wants to drive an outsized impact on Banana Republic; someone that is looking to interact with the key influencers and leaders of the company. Your goal is to drive in-year value while setting up value-creating opportunities to drive long term value, through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
As a Manager on the Pricing Strategy Team, you will be tasked with driving price architecture improvements across Banana Republic and product portfolios (stores and online channels). In partnership with your team members and cross-functional business partners, you will use competitive benchmarking, financial analyses, and consumer research to build pricing strategies that both short-term and longer-term pricing. In addition there will be additional ad-hoc work for promotional strategy.
The role is based in San Francisco at our corporate headquarters and reports to the Director of Pricing Strategy.
- Drive price architecture initiatives by category across Banana Republic and product portfolios.
- Design appropriate good, better, best price architectures
- Research and analyze transactional data and competitive patterning
- Perform and synthesize quantitative analyses
- Test, execute and measure pricing actions
- Collaborate with business partners to develop business hypotheses, inform and execute specific recommendations potentially impacting commercial planning, in-season strategies, and pricing architecture
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners outside of Inventory Strategy at all levels, proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices across brands
Who you are
- 4+ years of professional work experience with experience in pricing strategy, retail and/or strategic management consulting, apparel, and/or consumer insights
- Experience working with quantitative data and analyzing results
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses and recommendations from disparate sources of information
- Strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with business partners and senior executives
- Solid presence and influencing skills to foster key cross-functional partnerships and strategic promotional plans
- Coach and train Analysts/Senior Analysts to identify key learnings and develop future strategies; lead team priorities and initiatives, organize tasks, monitor workflow, and remove roadblocks to support team in meeting dadlines
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs