About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Sr. Director & Head of Banana Republic Factory Marketing and Visual Merchandising is responsible for Omni BRFS marketing strategy, marketing communications, advertising & media, commercial plan, visual merchandising & store visual execution, visual styling, creative approach & input as well as customer acquisition. This role will lead the marketing strategy, commercial plan, visual & digital marketing teams for Factory. The Sr. Director will report directly to the SVP/GM of Banana Republic Factory and work closely with multiple cross-functional partners across design, merchandising and inventory management. This role has a broad scope and requires both strategic marketing capabilities + creative and brand oversight since Factory operates as a unique brand and channel with different customer segments. This role has full budget/financial accountability for Factory marketing, visual merchandising and creative and is responsible for the Factory business results tied to traffic creation, digital performance marketing and all expense targets on the P&L.
What you'll do
- Lead marketing for Factory inclusive of commercial planning, omni brand communications (stores, site, email, media)
- Lead Visual Merchandising and styling as well as creative (dotted line) to ensure brand integrity and consistency across all touchpoints
- Brand Strategy and Communications: integrated marketing plan across stores & online (windows, store, packaging, site, email, media (paid and organic)) and ensure integrity of brand messaging
- Customer Experience (Visual merchandising & styling): store experience, clarity of product stories & styling across all customer facing touchpoints
- Content development to execution: inclusive of marketing photoshoots and ecommerce photography to execution across stores & online
- Review and approve all marketing assets across all marketing channels
- Partner with Consumer Insights and Decision Support teams to drive Factory specific customer insights that are shared more broadly across the brand
- Drive cross-functional commercial planning process from identifying seasonal big product ideas to flawlessly executing across Omni-channel vehicles
- Develop and execute key seasonal product launches and integrated marketing plans to support
- Develop long-range, yearly and quarterly marketing strategies
Who you are
- 10+ years marketing experience in a corporate environment highly desirable. Strong digital background required
- Experience in leading photoshoots (content, budget, process)
- Experience managing or partnering closely with media agencies
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically. Able to support specific decisions and/or plans with a clearly articulated and concise story
- Proven success in interacting and influencing all levels of management
- Composure and leadership presence required
- Strong presentation skills with ability to command attention and lead large groups of executives
- Ability to establish and work with cross functional teams, including non-US audiences
- Experience leading marketing strategy, marketing communications, commercial planning, creative marketing and digital marketing is imperative
- Experience leading teams in a leveraged model where broad marketing experience has been established
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs