About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This position will oversee all aspects of Women’s Visual Merchandising for the Banana Republic Factory channel leading through creative strategy development, purposeful product messaging and strong business connections. Candidates should have a love for fashion and a drive for creating seasonal sets that inspire our customers. Candidates also need to be self-driven and highly resourceful
What you'll do
- Oversees all aspects & touchpoints of Women’s visual merchandising strategy development from start to finish of the product pipeline. Utilizes strong business acumen to make thoughtful decisions and develop creative solutions
- Develops clear visual merchandising strategies each season to ensure product message clarity and drive the store business forward. Keeps a pulse on the competition and current market trends. Seeks new ideas or inspiration to ensure store environments remain fresh and current
- Develops and maintains a clear understanding of seasonal objectives and current state of the business. Ensures all work supports the priorities of the brand
- Owns seasonal product mapping to protect message clarity for our stores. Ensures product assortments fit within visual templates and varying store levels. Validates lines are balanced and built to create compelling in-store presentations
- Owns all seasonal communication to our stores including creation of seasonal sets, development of Visual Presentation Guides and any in-season management communication needed in response to current business
- Participates in Leadership walkthroughs presenting Women’s seasonal set-ups
- Manages assortment changes throughout the product pipeline to ensure visual strategies remain accurate with up to date information
- Builds a strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Design and Inventory Management to help influence product assortments and identify potential areas of opportunity within the line
Who you are
- Minimum 4-7 years visual merchandising experience in both field and corporate settings
- Strong fashion styling sense with impeccable taste level and the ability to incorporate new trends into visual projects
- Highly creative critical thinker and problem solver who is familiar with developing smart solutions on limited resources
- Organization, time management and memory skills with the ability to multitask multiple projects and seasons concurrently
- Fast learner that seeks out new information and has the ability to pivot quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye and meticulous about details
- Ability to take feedback and work through ambiguity
- Advanced computer skills required – Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, Miro
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs