About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Associate Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting the development of omni seasonal and promotional initiatives for Banana Republic Factory. Strong attention to detail, cross functional collaboration, creativity and analytical thinking are key to ensure success in this role.
- Support strategy and execution for BR Factory digital & in-store experiences to meet business objectives, providing a seamless cross-channel experience that delivers innovation and builds the brand
- Assist with pre-season marketing strategy to translate product stories into compelling marketing messages that inspire our customer and drive conversion
- Lead packaging development (in partnership with project management) from initial brief to creative reviews, provides thoughtful feedback, and ensures that marketing materials are on-strategy. Ensuring that product’s quality & tech attributes are clearly communicated on garment and that packaging is in line with the brand aesthetic
- Assist with pre-season marketing strategy that translates overarching brand and business goals, insights from historical performance, and innovative ideas from competitive landscape into promotional marketing strategy
- Supports in-season work to respond to shifts in brand goals, business performance, new insights and opportunities to refine commercial plan in weekly Gameplan meetings, cross-functional meetings and additional touchpoints with loyalty team, business partners and sister brands
- Develops strategic and tactical creative briefs aligned with the brand’s seasonal product stories, promotions, and brand platform initiatives; clearly communicates the brief strategy to Creative & Visual teams
- Partner closely with marketing leads on ad hoc projects that support seasonal campaigns and promotions and ensure seemless execution
- Effectively collaborate across several functions including, creative, visual, web production, merchandising, design, inventory management, company planning, marketing effectiveness and loyalty
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 + years of marketing experience required. Apparel experience preferred
- Strong communications skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of evolving, innovating and executing strategic seasonal marketing initiatives
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environment. Extremely detail-oriented with passion for flawless execution
- Self-starter and solution oriented mindset, with proven ability to successfully work through ambiguity
- Analytical mindset, track-record of translating financial goals into marketing strategies and comfort of working in Excel
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs