About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for an Associate Service Technician to support intake ticketing, troubleshooting, and triage of technology issues impacting users in our ECOM, Distribution/Fulfillment Center, Online Contact Center, and Corporate Office space. In this role, you’ll work closely with a team of analysts and technicians supporting users via multiple service channels, while identifying trends and driving for long-term resolution of technology issues. You’ll align to department goals and collaborate with cross-functional business partners across the organization. This role is critical to the success of reducing and removing technological obstacles for business partners in order to reach company goals, so we’re looking for a customer-focused, data-driven individual.
What you'll do
- Provide technical support for internal Gap Inc. employees and contractors.
- Research, diagnose, resolve or escalate technical and procedural issues from multiple service channels using multiple tools and documented processes.
- Use critical thinking skills, resourcefulness, and probing questions to identify affected devices and applications.
- Clearly log and assign tickets as outlined in department documentation and problem management requirements, owning the end to end lifecycle of issues reported to you, while keeping customers informed.
- Take personal accountability to meet Service Desk Operator key performance measurements and be punctual.
- Actively contribute to meeting the department's shared goals and contribute ideas to improve performance.
Who you are
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours including, early mornings, evenings, late nights and/or overnight shifts.
- Passion for customer service and resolving issues
- 2 years of Service Desk or equivalent job experience. Retail experience and understanding is a plus.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical and procedural issues.
- Ability to react quickly and professionally in stressful situations.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs