About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
What you'll do
- Performs daily activities that support the Buying teams’ strategy and vision.
- Trouble shoots problems and influence resolution across functions. Duties include: Co own management of No Sales list and Aged Inventory List with Buyers, Work with cross functional teams (photo studio, USOL MC’s, DC, translation team, Production, IT) to trouble shoot the no sales list and identify issue to buying team, Follow up with buying team on status and/or resolution to the no sales list or aged inventory list within the week prior to next week’s file being sent.
- Site review: Maintenance of leveraged categories from USOL: this will include ensuring old categories are turned on and off in a timely manner as well as validating French site for categories leveraged from USOL.
- Maintenance of non-leverage categories with buyer, aligning on start/end date
- Partner with USOL marketing for Canada Online to ensure seamless execution of site marketing launches and emails for new product. This will include tracking purchase order, stocking at the dc, and translation eta.
- Attribute styles: Validate product tagging, validate styles live in proper categories, add marketing flags, validate merged styles for Women’s & Petites
- Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Manage Canada Online exclusive styles and categories. Duties include: Order, track and manage all Canada Online exclusive samples to launch on site in a timely manner, working with copy team and photo studio to launch product on site, Support buying team in season by attending Monday business meetings to help execute action plan reviewing sales and inventory to ensure sort list is most productive and efficient for all Canada online exclusive sub categories in the left nav
- Partner with OIS in clear execution of pricing
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all buying teams.
- Work with product management to learn, test & improve functionality of systems including PCM.
- Attend weekly meetings with USOL merchandise coordinators, production and marketing to review upcoming site changes and new sorts that will be created in the coming weeks.
Who you are
- Strong computer skills, ability to learn quickly, in depth knowledge of Microsoft office
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs