For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
A critical senior leader on the Athleta Marketing team, the Director of Partnerships will lead overall partnership strategy, opportunity exploration and execution to advance Athleta’s mission, priorities, and growth strategies. You will grow brand awareness, credibility and emotional connections among our customers through groundbreaking partnerships with VIPs, athletes and like-minded brands.
What you'll do
- Develop partnership strategy across athletes, cultural icons and strategic partners
- Cultivate relationships across industries that could foster future partnerships
- Keep a keen eye on sports and culture to develop partnership prospects
- Develop pitch materials and lead pitch meetings
- Evaluate and structure potential partnerships and business development prospects and build business cases for recommended opportunities that drive brand awareness, provide access to new customer acquisition opportunities, and accelerate current capabilities around community & experience
- Serve as main connection to and manager of these relationships, adeptly handle celebrities and elite athletes, nurture and grow the relationship over time.
- Lead team that serves as hub of a cross-functional wheel to execute all facets of key partnerships including product, marketing, PR, content, online and in store experiences
- Oversee the creation of innovative tactics that leverage partnerships to increase Athleta awareness, engagement and brand love
- Provide frequent updates to Athleta leadership and stakeholders on partnerships strategy, execution and results
- Leverage data, insights, and measurements tools to measure the success of individual partnerships and the partnership program
Who you are
- Big picture thinker with an eye toward delivering on Athleta's mission and key business goals
- Ability to understand the detailed cross-functional implications of partnership decisions.
- Experience in sports or celebrity marketing, with your ear to the ground for potential opportunities
- Have great relationships and contacts in the sports and celebrity worlds
- Experienced in developing go to market plans around key initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership
- 8-10+ years of brand partnership experience, with a proven track record of identifying and executing mutually beneficial partnerships
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs