Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Sample Coordinator will be the sample expert and key point of contact for all online samples for the Gap Outlet Online Team. This role will report into the Director of Styling while partnering across multiple teams to ensure all samples and requests are appropriately tracked, accounted for, and returned in a timely, organized manner.
What you'll do
- Support Online team deliverables with timely sample ordering, reordering, receiving, tracking, racking, and maintenance. Responsible for samples used at marketing shoots and product page photography studios.
- Understand and communicate any specific sample variances that might impact photography.
- Maintain Excel sample trackers for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Work with manager and cross-functional team to identify any missing samples that need to be borrowed leading up to photoshoots. Return borrowed samples on time. If samples are unavailable, come up with alternative solutions.
- Place orders as needed for missing samples, and support one-off sample requests from all teams
- Collect and send all samples to photo studio for product page laydown and on-figure photography shots. Provide various teams with weekly sample statuses.
- Keep sample closets organized. Manage the donation/disposal of samples at the end of a season in order to make room for the next season’s samples.
Who you are
- Computer skills: experience with MS Excel and MS Word are required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency; Ability to prioritize, Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment while building solid cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to lift, transport, and maneuver large boxes of samples.
- College education preferred, with previous experience in retail, merchandising, or styling
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs