About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Self-approve and independently processes year end, account reconciliation and other store invoices and transactions. Work with internal and external business partners (RE Law, Lease hold audits, Lease Admin, and Accounts Payable) to ensure that regular lease payments are made for the proper amount and to the proper supplier. Resolves payment variances with landlord representatives and escalating to the appropriate contacts internally and externally, where needed. Resolve payments with respect to VAT and other sales tax items. Represent and understand accounting and accruals to be able to account for year end reconciliations and other activities transactions properly that impact the Profit and Loss statement (P&L) as well as the Balance Sheet.
What you'll do
- Manage a working portfolio of leases either as a Landlord portfolio or individual.
- Build relationships with landlords to understand their needs for remittances and other deliverables that can help provide better customer service.
- Analyze and resolve invoices for payment purposes including identification of impacts to financials up to $2M per transaction.
- Responsible for working with up through Sr Director level on invoices for the accrual and resolving for payment of all Year End and account reconciliations as they pertain to the lease.
- Resolving supplier setup and coordinating payment to different suppliers as necessary and providing and working with the Analyst to ensure the proper and complete information is available so that suppliers changes can happen without delay.
- Responsible for reading and understanding Co-Tenancy lease language and applying that lease language to specific Co-Tenancy audits to determine Co-Tenancy failures.
- Resolve lease language conflicts regarding monthly escrows and annual pro-rata share amounts with our Landlords.
Who you are
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Basic Accounting skills.
- Basic Internal Control Knowledge
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs