About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The primary focus of the Deskside /Tech Bar Technician is to ensure that the technology needs of our internal customers are being addressed, and any technical issues are resolved quickly, with an emphasis on proactive engagement to mitigate problems. All issues and requests are to be resolved within the agreed service level objectives and whenever possible, exceed agreed SLAs. Provide clear and timely communications to the Senior Supervisor /Lead, and supported customers, detailing resolution timelines.
This role also involves scheduled on-call after-hours support, as well as periodic off-site support, and home visits as needed. If issues cannot be resolved by the Deskside /Tech Bar Technician, they are responsible for engaging the appropriate Gap Tech teams, or vendors, in order to quickly and efficiently resolve outstanding issues.
There is a strong emphasis on partnership with the GapTech Engineering team to reduce the complexity of our systems and introduce scalable innovative technology. Contribute to establishing and delivering best practices that are implemented throughout the organization. Support the use of technology to enable seamless and successful integration of systems and solutions that consistently delight our supported business partners across Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Provide exceptional IT support to internal customers onsite at our San Francisco /Pleasanton locations, and support remote business partners via Zoom / Teams / Chat tools, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure service levels for customers are met, identify opportunities for improvement and implement these as agreed upon
- Test, configure, install /deploy, and manage the repair of all IT related equipment (hardware and software)
- Accurately log and track ticket related workload in a timely fashion
- Customer engagement – ensure internal customers are kept informed at all times regarding the status of any outstanding interaction with the Tech Bar team / IT Service Desk or any other GapTech team
- Form effective relationships with business, brands, corporate functions, delivery, apps support, fellow team members and external service providers
- Provide off-hours support during busy periods when the business has aggressive deadlines and on-call support on a scheduled rotation to ensure the team is available 24/7 for support as needed
- Above all, provide outstanding professional customer service every day
Who you are
- 2+ years of relevant experience in IT support in a corporate IT support environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups
- Customer success obsessed – consistently strive to delight customers and exceed their expectations with an appropriate sense of urgency and ability to make timely decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities – constantly looking to improve the team processes and procedures, and the supported technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with senior members of the organization, co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Lead by example, motivate and inspire other team members to deliver their objectives successfully and effectively influence key stakeholders to facilitate the work of the team
- Executive-level support experience desired
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows 10, Mac OS, iOS, MS Office O365, Zoom, and MDM for mobile devices
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs