About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Planner on the Strategy team is responsible for uncovering insights and trends that can impact (but not limited to) financial, marketing and inventory management decisions through the lens of data science. They will also assist in maintaining and enhancing of our reporting suite to keep up with the changing needs of the business, and will be responsible for rolling up the Buying teams financial forecast, identifying and quantifying risk or opportunity to a wide range of audiences – ranging from Analyst and Planners on the Buying team, to Directors across both Buying and Finance teams, to the General Manager of Old Navy Canada
Ideal candidate can navigate through ambiguity and is proactively pursuing new avenues to uncover business insights using data analytics and data science methodologies.
• Work with Finance weekly to understand brand strategies, current business trends and challenges, and communicate data driven insights to the Buying teams to ensure that bottoms-up teams are marching toward brand intent.
• Aggregate bottoms-up forecast across all the divisions for weekly pricing actions, monthly reforecasting and pre-season planning deliverables, and effectively communicate rollup positioning to various audiences.
• Maintain and improve brands reporting suite to ensure teams have the correct resources needed to drive business decisions.
• Able to independently and proactively explore new data insights such as (but not limited to), building statistical models to identify what variables are driving sales performance, to building visual dashboards that can provide new points of views into trends that’s being overlooked.
Who you are
• Four-year degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years’ work experience analyzing and reforecasting sales trends
• At least 1 year of experience in VBA coding and R programming
• Previous knowledge of data science tools and methodologies
• Comfortable with navigating through ambiguity and managing up
• Very detailed oriented and able to build effective partnership with multiple teams
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs