About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Old Navy Labor Strategy to lead and drive the development and implementation of all store payroll initiatives, tools and resources that support the labor management strategy in our North America Old Navy Stores. This role will be responsible for leading and developing an empowered team responsible for creating and maintaining an effective large scale labor model, budget and labor allocation with a focus on continuous improvement. The role requires strong business acumen and attention to detail in order to deliver profitable growth and help the company reach their annual and long term goals.
The Senior Manager will be a key thought leader to the EVP & Old Navy Field Leadership Team and Store Strategy and Operations Leadership team through strong and data driven story telling and influence. This position will build strong cross-functional and cross-brand partnerships at all levels with Store Operations, Field Leadership Teams, Finance, Market Planning, Store Planning, Field Visual, Human Resources, Loss Prevention and Communication amongst others.
What you'll do
- Develops and seamlessly integrates strategic store initiatives designed to drive business efficiencies.
- Leads a team of Project Managers with a strong focus on development through thoughtful and timely feedback.
- Develops and manages budgetsesources for Brand initiatives, payroll, etc.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to leaders, keeping the Brand competitive while understanding the impact of initiatives on customer experience, store workload, productivity, employee engagement, and compliance.
- Analyzes opportunities, designs forecast, drives results and measures the success of initiatives in the store environment.
- Maintains working global knowledge of competitor practices; provides benchmarking and key insights.
- Partners with Store Operations Leadership Team to define, prioritize, and implement strategic initiatives in support of divisional strategies and divisional financial goals.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of analytical expertise with a focus in labor management
- Advanced excel skillset (PowerBI a plus)
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data that drives labor optimization
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Ability to influence crossbrand executives to drive effective scheduling and forecasting solutions to all Gap Inc
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs