About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Supply Chain Logistics Business Engagement team helps to optimize the Gap Inc. Supply Chain by providing personalized, hands-on, and proactive support post-implementation of order management systems and their reporting tools that are leveraged by Retail and Online teams including finance, inventory management, sourcing, logistics, supply chain, franchise and others across our brands, while simultaneously working to optimize our processes in support of our strategic goals and financial goals.
This role will be instrumental in delivering omnichannel logistics capabilities that become a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies supporting a fast, efficient, and cost-effective global network strategy.
The successful candidate will assist a broad range of users in understanding the nature of the data, data flows and reporting tools, in addition to assisting users in gaining access to the data. This role works directly with users to assess issues they encounter to determine how best to resolve them, and acts as an advocate for users when partnering with Product Managers and Technical Product Teams to ensure defect prioritization considers business impacts. This role includes regular user communication and is instrumental in identifying continuous improvement opportunities, partnering with our Product Management organization.
The primary focus of this role is to build strong relationships and partner with key stakeholders with a specific focus on Order Management and corresponding reporting along with a secondary responsibility to understand and back up BE in Inventory Control.
What you'll do
- Creating effective relationships with business partners and local Support teams, Gap Tech peers, and Product Management.
- Communication of status and progress on the resolution for key business-impacting issues
- Publishing daily, weekly or Month End Reporting to support hindsight of process & technical issues, fixes, and actions with DevOps and PDM teams.
- Supporting peak readiness planning activities and managing escalations throughout the year with an increased focus during Peak operations time. Support the continuous improvement of the incident management process to ensure accurate depictions of issues and timely resolution by the GapTech support teams. Support the continuous improvement of the end to end business support process: communication, problem management, ticket submission, product development life cycle, role clarity, and release process
- Performs analysis and trouble-shooting of incident tickets opened by users and determines the next steps required to drive resolution.
- Leverages subject matter expertise to answer questions about data accuracy and quality; data lineage and flows; and whether the correct tool is being used to answer a specific business question.
- Partners with the Business and Product Management to identify opportunities in current systems and processes and provides a direct feedback loop to inform continuous improvement to maximize returns on application development efforts.
Who you are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – proven ability to translate highly technical information into concise terms users at all levels of the organization can readily and easily understand.
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills with strong critical thinking and business curiosity.
- BA/BS in a related field (finance, economics, business, mathematics, communications, operations, reporting or information systems) and 2+ years’ experience supporting technology products with a successful history of direct support of users required.
- Experience with Order Management Systems, supply chain and retail logistics preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile framework preferred; successful track record of supporting projects
- Experience working in matrixed teams in a dynamic environment across cross-functional teams to help communicate and achieve objectives
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs