About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What you'll do
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented.
- Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision.
- Trouble shoots problems and responsible for timely resolution of issues and status communication.
- Support in-season business actions with changes that include categories/sub-category, style or style color display, sort orders.
- Create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Responsible for daily site review for categories of ownership to deliver elevated, compelling experience to ensure site is accurate reflection of Brand Strategy. Check product pages/image to ensure minimum requirements are captured and accurate.
- Create and maintain a record of marketed styles to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles & style colors, outfits, and merged styles.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy for site publish.
- Work with photo studio to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
- Work with copy to ensure that all products have complete and correct copy.
- Site Mapping: attribute styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, and merge styles.
- Works with site merchants, site production, and yield management to add promo flags and set up sorts for online promotional events.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through partnering with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
Who you are
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional partners
- Customer and Brand focused. Be the voice of the customer and use this filter when merchandising the site.
- Ability to present products in a way that's inspiring and easy to navigate for the customer
- Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management & organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, self-starter.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking fast paced environment.
- Analytical skills a plus
- Strong computer skills and in depth knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn systems and tools quickly.
- 1-2 years' experience in retail/merchandising/e-commerce
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs