For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Growth Businesses unit within Athleta is a critical part of driving our brand forward and is focused on growing the business through new channels, new markets, and new categories. Reporting into the Manager of Growth and Capabilities on our Inventory Strategy team, the IM Growth Planner will support the financial and operational success of our recently re-launched Plus and emerging Wholesale businesses, in addition to future growth initiatives for the Athleta brand. This is an excellent opportunity for a planner level individual to gain exposure to a diverse group of cross functional partners and influence the future growth strategy of our brand. You are customer curious and love finding the story through numbers. You have a strong attention to detail and don’t mind being in the weeds if it means we can be in better service to our customer or a new way of working. You own your work and aren’t afraid to think big, try fast and learn even faster. You love navigating the unknown and paving a new path. You approach your work with discipline and appreciate collaboration.
What you'll do
- Ensure operational success of our wholesale business
- End to end management of purchase orders between wholesale partners and Athleta suppliers
- Collaborate with external wholesale partners to create seasonal buyplanning roadmaps
- Execute against seasonal roadmaps
- Create and analyze sales reporting as needed to identify trends and identify future opportunities
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement change and drive sustainability
- Analyze and identify areas of opportunity within our inclusive business
- Manage monthly forecasting across key sales and inventory metrics within our inclusive business
- Analyze size performance and work with allocation partners to size and pack inventory appropriately to trend
- Partner with inclusive merchants and marketing to gain insights on product performance and recommend future actions
- Communicate product trends with brand inventory management partners to help dimensionalize this impact of the inclusive business to their overall strategies
Who you are
- 1 -3 years of retail buying, planning or equivalent experience. Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup and Pivot Tables), Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications)
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
- Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Drive for Results: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
- Organizational Agility: Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs