About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The nine-week Summer Intern Program will be in person in one of our Distribution Centers in Gallatin, Tennessee. The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management.
The Operations Supervisor Intern will be a self-motivated and success driven student with an interest in spending the summer working in the areas of operations (Inbound, Stocking, Picking, Packing, Sorters and Shipping). The primary area of focus is on employee engagement. The intern will train and develop associates on efficient work methods to increase departmental productivity, monitor all results for the department, and determine changes that are needed in procedures or conditions that could affect operating costs.
What you'll do
- Spends approximately 75% of time on the floor building relationships, coaching and developing team members.
- Assists leadership with administering policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities.
- Communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results
- In partnership with the Resource Planning Analyst, plans and collaborates with leadership to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives.
- Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change.
- Resolves problems requiring broad-based analysis to determine solution.
- Presents analysis of operational issues and recommends solutions in a creative and logical manner.
Who you are
- Undergraduate Business or Logistical degree in progress; Previous work experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse cross-functional team.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to develop creative insights from research to drive actionable results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; Ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs