About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Director of Store Process Optimization to lead process improvement across our Gap Inc. North American fleet. The role will continually and proactively assess and evolve operational processes to ensure efficiency and compliance in stores. This position will oversee and lead a team of store process experts and collaborate closely with Retail Engineers, Field Leadership, and other cross functional business partners to identify business needs and create scalable solutions designed to remove waste and inefficiency and improve overall operations activities within our store environments.
What you'll do
- Lead, grow and develop a team of highly skilled LEAN/Six Sigma (or experience-equivalent) qualified experts who are accountable for overall project management, inclusive of overseeing testing, training, and process documentation
- Contribute to the cultural transformation in stores that uses continuous improvement and process optimization to fuel growth
- Provide thought leadership to key stakeholders on the strategic development of each brand’s path to operational excellence in stores that simplifies work flow while improving both the employee and customer experience
- Collaborate closely with internal and external business partners to identify process inefficiencies, areas for improvement, automation opportunities and technology solutions that support perpetual store productivity tracking and performance measurement
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- LEAN/Six Sigma or Industrial Engineering background
- 5+ years multi unit Store Leadership and/or Store Operations experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills with a passion for teaching, developing, coaching and leading a team
- Experience leading large program management efforts, Aptitude and willingness to both lead work and deep dive into details
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs