Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Gap’s Director of Marketing Effectiveness will own setting and delivering financial return targets of full funnel marketing spend and commerical plan promotional strategies. As the leader of a new function for the brand, you will build the process, KPIs, and analytical capabilities that deliver meaningful change and create financial value. You will have a primary role in building out our commercial plan strategy with both growth and profitability in mind. Reporting to the VP of Company Planning, this role is a key cross-funcational partner to marketing, merchandising, and inventory management, and is responsible to set and optimize marketing investments and discounting strateigies against various financial, customer, and brand awareness goals.
What you'll do
- Build the brand’s Marketing Effectiveness function, including hiring and empowering talent, designing and implementing standard processes, and developing robust analytical capabilities that deliver actionable insights.
- Own the critical financial components of our Commercial Planning strategy: discounting/yield management and marketing spend and funnel optimization. Forecast and hindsight incremental marketing driven sales, margin, and earnings of our commercial plan. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the commercial plan supports brand and financial goals.
- Forecast and hindsight promotion proformas, including key metrics that encompass financial incrementality, customer and brand impacts. Identify and communicate insights and actionable recommendations.
- Deliver to the brand’s customer acquisition and retention objectives.
- Collaborate with Company Planning to isolate Base business performance trends, and incorporate incremental marketing and promotional forecasts into brand total forecasts.
- Act as liaison to the central Gap Inc. Customer, Data, and Analytics teams as well as third party marketing analytics teams. Develop and socialize the learnings into actionable recommendations in strategy and process shifts.
Who you are
- Proven experience of developing and implementating new processes with broad business scope and impact
- Strategic, insightful, and data-savvy; demonstrated ability to make sense of a vast range of information from multiple sources to conceptualize, drive creativity, and problem solve
- Demonstrate natural curiousity that challenges the status quo. Takes calculated risks, learns quickly, implements change, and tracks results to drive business value
- Capable of strategically influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Technical proficiency of statistical data analysis and market basket analysis. Experience analyzing full funnel marketing lifts and ROAS a plus. Strong command of reporting and BI tools: Essbase, Omniture/Adobe Analytics, Power BI, NOVA and Venus a plus
- 10+ years functional experience across financial sales, marketing, or customer forecasting experience
- 6+ years in a management role with proven ability of coaching and developing teams
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs